Signature Research, Inc. seeks a Senior Software Developer to join our team in Calumet, Michigan. If you enjoy working on exciting projects, developing new and unique technologies and solving highly technical problems, we want to hear from you!
The Senior Software Developer will support Department of Defense (DoD) and Intelligence Community (IC) programs in the evaluation of signature management technologies, virtual and dynamic scene generation, analytical software development, aided and automated target recognition, and a wide range of machine learning applications.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting wage of $85,000 – $120,000 annually, based on your knowledge and experience, in addition to a comprehensive benefit package and flexible work schedule.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER.
- Development of software and analytical tools to support a variety of Modeling and Simulation activities.
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle including gathering requirements, design, implementation, testing, configuration control, deployment and maintenance.
- Support signature analyses, write reports, and develop briefings on a variety of efforts; provide briefings to customers on completed work.
- Support internal corporate software practices and vision roadmaps (e.g. help to determine appropriate software languages and tool sets).
- Provide mentorship to new hire and junior level software developers.
- Promote good development practices alongside other developers.
What you need to be successful as our Senior Software Developer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or related field, required; Master’s degree preferred.
- 8 years’ experience in modeling & simulation product design/development or a related field, highly desired.
- Physics-based scene generation experience, highly desired.
- Ray tracing experience is a plus, however, a good understanding of Linear Algebra or Graphics Programming is highly desired.
- Machine learning/artificial intelligence development experience, highly desired.
- Skills in scientific programming languages: C/C++, Python and Julia, highly desired.
- Parallel programming experience, highly desired.
- Strong knowledge of scientific and technical computing paradigms and experience with modeling and simulation of mathematics/physics, highly desired.
- Experience with open-source software and Linux, highly desired.
- Experience with Git for code management, highly desired.
- Experience supporting Agile/SCRUM project teams, desired.
- Possess exceptional communication skills (verbal, written and in-person).
- Great attention to detail, ability to prioritize multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high security office setting; initially no telecommuting.
- Ability to apply and qualify for a Department of Defense security clearance.
- Ability to travel throughout the United States (less than 20%).
INTERESTED? Apply online below.
ABOUT US. Signature Research, Inc. is a high technology business supporting a wide variety of Department of Defense programs with offices in Calumet, Michigan and Navarre, Florida. Signature Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.